Protecting your privacyWe are committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy.
Set out below is information that we are required to communicate to our customers. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal informationPersonal information held by us may include your name, company name, addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, username or password. We also hold details of your support services (including their status), as well as certain details about your business.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your name & email), we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we aim to provide.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' at the end of this brochure).
How we collect personal informationWe collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites (eg. during download registration);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your personal information';
- from our own records of how you use our services;
- when you visit our websites.
- when legally required to do so
How we use your personal informationYour personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to use our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and IT needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our dealers can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please call 1300 886 297.
When we disclose your personal informationIn order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Instra Technologies Pty Ltd. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations may carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our dealers;
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Help us to ensure we hold accurate informationWe take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our products or support services, you may change your personal details by contacting us on 1300 886 297,.
You can access your personal informationYou have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact usIf you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1300 886 297 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can write to us at PO Box 1430, Toowoomba QLD 4350 or by sending an email to